Pakistan Iran Relations:
- History of Pakistan and Iran
- Agreements between the country
- Import and export
- Current affairs of Pakistan and Iran
- Co-operation in the area of conflict
HISTORY OF PAKISTAN AND IRAN
- Pakistan-Iran relations are based on religious, linguistic, and spiritual affiliation. The relationship between Pakistan-Iran has always remained positive.
- The first country to recognize Pakistan right after independence was Iran. After the Islamic revolution of Iran, Pakistan was the country at first to recognize Iran. Pakistan and Iran have supported each other at critical times throughout history.
- Pakistan and Iran enjoy good relations since the partition of the Sub-continent. Regarding different socioeconomic fields, both countries have successful agreements. Since common prehistoric Indo Iranian heritage the relationship between Pakistan and Iran has spanned.
- On the manuscript of the buildings many antique and historical buildings in Pakistan have classical Persian writings on them. As Iran recognized Pakistan internationally at very first that is the reason why Iran has a unique distinction.
AGREEMENTS BETWEEN THE COUNTRY
- Eight agreements and memorandums of understandings (MOU) between Pakistan and Iran have been signed-in different fields and it was done to strengthen the bilateral relationships between the two countries.
PREFERENTIAL TRADE AGREEMENT:
- A preferential trade agreement of Pakistan and the Islamic Republic of Iran is also signed and It was signed on 4th March 2004. In the preferential agreement, A concession of 388 tariff lines was offered by Pakistan to Iran. And then a concession of 309 tariff lines was given by Iran.
GAS PIPELINE PROJECT:
- The Pakistan-Iran had a gas pipeline project which was previously halted and it was halted due to economic issues and as well as there were some hurdles which were political between these two neighbour countries. CPEC can be linked with the Pakistan and Iran project, this will facilitate the transportation of Iranian gas through Pakistan to china, It will make Pakistan a regional Hub of trade between these countries.
IMPORT AND EXPORT
TRADE AND ECONOMIC RELATION WITH PAK AND IRAN:
- Hydrocarbon, Petroleum, Agriculture are the things on which the economy of Iran largely depends. With the market size of 81.4 million people, Iran has the largest economy in the middle east. Second in the world is Iran for natural gas reserves and fourth proven for crude oil reserves.
- These are some of the main industries in Iran.
- Petrochemicals • Fertilizers
- Caustic soda • Pharmaceuticals
CURRENT AFFAIRS OF PAKISTAN AND IRAN
- Prime Minister Imran Khan made his first visit to Iran and this visit was done due to the invitation of the president of Iran Dr Hassan Raouhani in 2019. The visit helped enhance the mutual relationship of two countries and they understood their political and economic issues.
- The key outcomes the visit included were:
- Signing for Cooperation and declaration in the Healthcare Sector.
- The process for the releasing of Pakistani prisoners.
- Meetings of bilateral mechanisms.
- Opening the new crossing points.
- A peaceful solution of Jammu and Kashmir dispute.
- Iran is a strong supporter of the Kashmir issue.
- For Road and rail connectivity both of the countries are working together. The Road and rail connectivity include:
- Upgradation of 700 km Quetta-Taftan Highway.
“Border of Peace, Friendship and Love” The title is given to the border of Iran and Pakistan.
CO-OPERATION IN THE AREA OF
- Iran had played a good and vital role in the Indo-Pak war. It supplied us with military equipment. It also provides diplomatic support against India.
- During this period, Pakistan was facing a conflict with India and on the other hand, Iran was trying to recover psychologically from the soviet occupation in World War II, Both Pakistan and Iran needed recovery.
- During these hard times, Pakistan and Iran helped each other.
- BOTH THE COUNTRIES ARE ENJOYING POSITIVE RELATIONS WITH EACH OTHER AND IN FUTURE THEY WILL BE HELPING EACH OTHER A LOT.